Know that Attorney Miguel Cossio has vast experience handling trucking.
In Georgia, tractor trailer accident lawsuits can become complicated, intertwining both state and federal laws, as well as the number of parties who can be held liable for a crash.
Miguel adapts his intricate knowledge and conforms his case strategy to yield the maximum compensation.
Why? Because with their immense size and weight, trucks are notorious for causing serious injury. Being a victim of a trucking collision can be devastating. You need the services of a competent and skilled attorney who can recover what has been lost.
Some Typical Causes of Truck Collisions
- Speeding: A speeding vehicle is difficult to stop, especially if it is a truck. Many horrific crashes are caused by drivers who fail to obey the speed limit or traveling too fast for conditions. It is essential to your case that you hire a lawyer who appreciates and understands traffic collisions and Georgia law if you have been in a trucking collision.
- Distracted drivers: Truck drivers who fail to pay attention to the road endanger the lives of everyone around them. Eating, drinking, smoking and the use of a cellphone can cause serious injury or even death.
- Intoxicated drivers: The use of drugs or alcohol can make a truck driver reckless and unpredictable. Not only is driving while under the influence illegal, but it can also cause horrendous automobile collisions.
- Fatigued drivers: A common cause of truck related collisions is fatigue. Exhausted drivers fail to obey traffic signals and signs and are extremely hazardous to passenger cars.
Who is Legally Responsible
It is critical to know who can be held legally accountable when seeking compensation. Attorney Miguel Cossio knows how to identify the people and/or companies potentially liable for your injuries. The following individuals and/or companies are commonly responsible in trucking cases:
- The driver
- The trucking company
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The insurance company (Georgia’s “direct action” statute)
Immediately following the accident, the insurance company (for the truck’s driver, owner, trucking company, etc.) will send analysts to the scene to gather as much as information and evidence as possible to limit their potential liability. You should contact Miguel as soon as possible after the crash to provide him with the opportunity to conduct an investigation of his own.
Remember, insurance companies are for-profit businesses. Often an insurance company will attempt to persuade you into agreeing to a low-ball settlement offer. While on the scene and during the insurance company’s investigation, DO NOT discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone except your treating physician and Attorney Miguel Cossio. In these discussions, insurers will attempt to uncover information they may be able to use against you. Miguel will handle all discussions with the insurance company and other involved parties on your behalf.
Attorney Miguel Cossio’s investigations are tailored to truck accidents and uncovering the evidence necessary to prove your case. Investigations often consist of the following:
- Investigate whether the vehicle was maintained properly
- Review the company’s log books to ensure federal and Georgia state trucking regulations were properly followed
- Review the drivers’ credentials
- Investigate whether local traffic laws were followed
- Analyze the scene of the accident by reviewing police reports and photographs, interviewing witnesses, reconstructing the accident with the assistance of experts
- Attempt to identify any manufacturing defects in the truck and other vehicle
It can feel overwhelming and frustrating when you are in pain, and the bills keep piling up. We don’t blame you for not wanting to answer the phone or check the mail. Let Miguel help and take care of it for you. Your compensation is important because you are important. It is that simple.
Thousands of drivers, passengers, and pedestrians are injured in auto collisions every year due to no fault of their own. If you are lucky, a car collision may only result in minor injuries. Unfortunately, not all collision victims are this lucky. All too commonly car wrecks result in serious head, neck, and/or spinal injuries. These injuries can result in long-term disability. In some cases, injury victims are permanently disabled, often to the extent that they can no longer work or otherwise care for themselves and their families. Victims cannot expect they will be fairly compensated by the at-fault driver or an auto-insurance company. To protect your rights, it is often necessary to retain a competent and experienced attorney.
How Attorney Miguel Cossio Can Help After Your Car Wreck
The laws behind car collision injury in Georgia can be complex and confusing. It can be difficult to choose the best approach to take for any individual case, and even more challenging to ensure you collect full a fair compensation for your claim. Miguel is most effective in establishing liability on the part of the “at-fault” driver, interpreting a client’s injuries, and being knowledgeable of auto-insurance law. Although every case is different, some of the more common tasks performed by Attorney Miguel Cossio are as follows:
- Help with insurance claims: His experience dealing with insurance companies means he knows how to negotiate the full settlement you may not be able to gain on your own.
- Provide protection against insurance company tactics: He understands the tactics insurance companies may use to convince you to accept a quick settlement rather than a fair one.
- Advise you before you accept any type of settlement: His extensive experience allows him to accurately predict the true costs of a car collision in Georgia.
- Ensure you pursue maximum compensation for injuries: The costs of auto collisions often extend beyond property damage and immediate medical attention. He makes sure your claim includes all past, present, and future expenses associated with your collisions, including, but not limited to, scarring or disfigurement, permanent disability, rehabilitation, and lost wages.
- Help you and your children collect compensation for wrongful death claims: No amount of money can truly compensate the family members of someone who was killed because of a DUI or other negligent or wrongful act. But, the law provides ways to collect the compensation needed for spouses and children to begin to rebuild their lives. Attorney Miguel Cossio works diligently to help you move one step forward if a tragedy occurs.
- Help you pursue all avenues of compensation for your injuries: If you were temporarily or permanently disabled from a car collision, he makes sure your claim includes any costs to care for your home and family—or any other expenses required to meet your responsibilities until you can resume normal activities. He notifies all possible insurance companies and demand disclosure of all possible benefits and will fight to get you the compensation allowed under Georgia Law.